LL-L "Holidays" 2009.09.13 (01) [EN]

Sun Sep 13 16:46:44 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 13 September 2009 - Volume 01
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" [EN]

I have been busy in Washington (DC) the past couple days, and so
 didn't get the chance to post this at the appropriate time (Thursday):

Happy (Ethiopian) New Year 2002!

while Ethiopia (at least much of it) hardly qualifies as Lowland
(Addis Ababa is something like 2400 m above sealevel!), but as of this
coming Tuesday, ONE of our number (myself) will finally be resident
there.

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Holidays

Thanks, Mike, and happy New Year to you, also my best wishes for your new
life and new job in yet another beautiful country among beautiful people.

I work with several Ethiopians (as well as Eritreans) and live in a part of
Seattle in which many of them live. My experiences with them have been very
positive, and I have a very easy time being on friendly terms with them and
enjoying their hospitality. I have a feeling you are in for a treat, Mike.

And here's a request from me. Please see if you can rustle up Horn of Africa
translations and sound files for the Wren project (Amharic, Tigrinya, Tigre,
Oromo, ...).

And talking about projects, thanks to a couple of Lowlanders, our Crypt (the
scarier side of the Lowlands) has been taking off nicely. Also, it has a new
http://lowlands-l.net/crypt/

We can do with a lot more participation. Surely all of you have scary
stories to tell. If you need help, please ask. Please communicate about this
with me at sassisch at yahoo.com.

And talking about holidays, I wish our Muslim friend the best on Ramadan and
send my wishes to our Jewish friends for their New Year (Rosh haShanah)
beginning this coming Friday night.

Seattle, USA