LL-L "Projects" 2009.09.19 (01) [EN]

Sat Sep 19 20:26:44 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 19 September 2009 - Volume 01
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Projects

Dear Lowlanders,

I am rather pleased about the great start our Crypt has had so far, and that
well in advance of Halloween, the officially envisaged official launching
date.

http://lowlands-l.net/crypt/

Thank you so much to all of you that have helped and also to those of you
that intend to help (and will hopefully follow through)!

Please look through the presentation and let me know if anything requires
correction or other types of improvement.

The latest addition is a Scots short story by our Sandy: "Nine Fragments"
... Scarrreeee ...
http://lowlands-l.net/crypt/fragments1.php

I think it and our Tom's "The Neep Lantern" (
http://lowlands-l.net/crypt/neep.php) make for great Scots reading
(practice). If you need help with it, I recommend our Andy's meanwhile
vastly improved on-line Scots dictionary:
http://www.scots-online.org/dictionary/

I will double-post writings in the Gallery (http://lowlands-l.net/gallery/)
of people that have their own nook there.

Now let me make clear what is suitable for inclusion in the Crypt: any type
of written, painted, drawn, photographed or recorded works that are not
taken from other people and that deal with what might be interpreted as
supernatural, anything that today's average person is likely to find "scary"
or "creepy", preferably with a Lowlands link.

What I would *not *like to see included are folk legends that today's
average person finds totally unbelievable (e.g. things about giants, dwarfs
and water sprites). Such stories are very much welcome for inclusion in our
Traditions series which keeps begging to be augmented:
http://lowlands-l.net/traditions/ Some of these might also be included in
the Travels series (http://lowlands-l.net/travels/) if actual locations of
sites are included.

Another type of subject matter that I would *not *like to see in the Crypt
is that of "serious horror", namely real-life catastrophes and victimization
that are still fresh and sore in many people's minds. Of course there is no
clear borderline. But I believe that all of you are sensitive and sensible
adults that have a general idea of good versus bad taste and prefer to stay
away from exploiting real-life suffering for entertainment purposes.

Please ask me if you have any questions. And I would also welcome
suggestions.

Thanks and regards, and also Happy Jewish New Year!
Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA