LL-L "Evolution" 2010.08.18 (01) [EN]

Wed Aug 18 16:10:00 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 18 August 2010 - Volume 01
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: clarkedavid8 at aol.com

Subject: LL-L "Evolution" 2010.08.17 (03) [EN]

All geologists agree that the current ice age never ended and that we are
still in it. The current interstatial (warm period) began around 12,000 BC
and will probably end soon (although not quite as suddenly as in the
blockbuster film made on the subject a few years ago). On past experience,
the ice will advance to just north of London and there will be a wide belt
of tundra to the south of it. Global warming is not the problem. I think the
north African countries should be welcomed into the European Union with open
arms.

In fact, ice ages are a quite unusual phenomenon in geological history
(there was another one in the Permian), it's just that we happen to be in
one and it's still going on. The earth has usually (outside occasional ice
ages) been quite a lot warmer than it is now.

David Clarke

From: Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>

Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2010.08.15 (06) [EN]

Beste Marcus, Roger & All: