LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (01A) [EN]

Fri Feb 5 18:26:40 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 February 2010 - Volume 01

From: Marcus Buck <list at marcusbuck.org>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.04 (04) [EN]

About the encoding issues: I had a look at the HTTP headers of the
messages. The HTTP headers are a list with basic information about the
sent information. Like the envelope of a letter with address and
stuff. These headers are in text format and separated from the content
with a double line-break. In the Lowlands-l e-mails' headers I receive
there are _two_ double line breaks. The first one is before the
Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding headers thus making the
Content-Type header (which specifies encoding) part of the message
instead of part of the headers. My e-mail program apparently is able
to fix this. I have to note that my spam filter alters the HTTP
headers so I'm not sure whether this superficial double line-break is
part of the original message, but if it is then this could be the
reason for the issues.

Marcus Buck