LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.04 (04) [EN]

Fri Feb 5 00:27:06 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 04 February 2010 - Volume 04

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.03 (04) [EN]

Hi Ron,
I reach "encoding" via the Page tab. I pick Unicode (UTF-8) but Istill get
rubbish!

Paul

----------

From: "Joachim Kreimer-de Fries" <soz-red at jpberlin.de>
 Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.04 (03) [EN]

Am 04.02.2010,  Reinhard/Ron scraif:

> Question: Is there anyone here that uses a Mac and finds at least most
> "special" characters displayed correctly? If so, we might be able to find
> out more through him or her.

Well, Ron,

in the very most cases (between 90-97%) all messages, those with special
characters included, are displayd correct on my Mac. There had been few
exceptions, time ago.

But I always have the message at the very end of the E-Mails:

Warnung: Beim Dekodieren dieser Datei ist Opera auf Fehler gestoßen.
Warning: Decoding the file Opera (the mailing program I use for LL) has
encountered errors.

(As  far as I remember, in Apple Mail I hadn't had this error message, only
a mysterious rhombus character (with a ? in it), symbolizing I suppose
"unidentified character" at the end of the real message before the usual end
rows of the list. Unfortunately I cannot copy the latter exactly from Apple
Mail to Opera, it appears here as blank sqare:)