LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.06 (01) [EN]

Sat Feb 6 16:17:40 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 February 2010 - Volume 01

Beste Ron,

You wrote:

P.S.: The test again:

*Sans Serif*
Below is a string of "special" Roman characters (with diacritics and such):
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ œ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ¬ ¬® ¯ ° ± ” “ ´ µ ¶ ╢ ¸
Â’ º » Âπ Â∏ Â≤ ¿ Õ Ù Ã≠ Ã∞ Ã≥ Ã∑ Ã∫ ÃΩ Ã√ Ã≈ Ã… × Ñ ß Ã⁄ Ã∂ Ã∆ ÃŒ
Â Ä É Ã È Ø Ã˘ Ã˙ Ã˚ Ã˝ Ã˛ Ãˇ Ãı Ã à  á â ã ä Ã¥ Ãœ ç è é ê
ë ì Ö î ï ð ñ Ô Ó ô õ ö ÷ ø Ã’ ú û Ãπ Ã∏ Ã≤ ÿ

*Serif*
Below is a string of "special" Roman characters (with diacritics and such):
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ œ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ¬ ¬® ¯ ° ± ” “ ´ µ ¶ ╢ ¸
Â’ º » Âπ Â∏ Â≤ ¿ Õ Ù Ã≠ Ã∞ Ã≥ Ã∑ Ã∫ ÃΩ Ã√ Ã≈ Ã… × Ñ ß Ã⁄ Ã∂ Ã∆ ÃŒ
Â Ä É Ã È Ø Ã˘ Ã˙ Ã˚ Ã˝ Ã˛ Ãˇ Ãı Ã à  á â ã ä Ã¥ Ãœ ç è é ê
ë ì Ö î ï ð ñ Ô Ó ô õ ö ÷ ø Ã’ ú û Ãπ Ã∏ Ã≤ ÿ

*Courier New*
Below is a string of "special" Roman characters (with diacritics and such):
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ œ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ¬ ¬® ¯ ° ± ” “ ´ µ ¶ ╢ ¸
Â’ º » Âπ Â∏ Â≤ ¿ Õ Ù Ã≠ Ã∞ Ã≥ Ã∑ Ã∫ ÃΩ Ã√ Ã≈ Ã… × Ñ ß Ã⁄ Ã∂ Ã∆ ÃŒ
Â Ä É Ã È Ø Ã˘ Ã˙ Ã˚ Ã˝ Ã˛ Ãˇ Ãı Ã à  á â ã ä Ã¥ Ãœ ç è é ê
ë ì Ö î ï ð ñ Ô Ó ô õ ö ÷ ø Ã’ ú û Ãπ Ã∏ Ã≤ ÿ



Not working anymore. Unreadable.

Only difference with last time seems to be that your message was not the
only one in this post. Trouble always seems to happen when a post contains
more than one message. The four good posts that I received earlier on were
all single-message posts. Could it be that the software that you're using to
edit messages and compose them into one post could be the culprit? When
dealing with more than one message (originating from different platforms),
it seems to get mixed up.

Maybe we can test it like this. I will write 6 accented vowels first:

ü é ä ö à ê

You should then post this as a single-message post. I will check if I can
still read my own accented vowels (probably will).

Next you take this same test message and add a message of yourself (also
containing accented vowels). Again post it, and we'll see which diacritics
will survive.

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx, Halle, Belgium