LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.08 (06) [EN]

Tue Feb 9 02:53:36 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 08 February 2010 - Volume 06

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Below is the message Joachim had meant me to send in HTML format.

I hope it's the right one.

Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA

From: "Joachim Kreimer-de Fries" <soz-red at jpberlin.de>
To: LOWLANDS-L at listserv.linguistlist.org
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 19:49:49 +0100
Subject: Re: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.07 (05) [EN]

Am 07.02.2010, 23:07 Uhr, schrieb Reinhard/Ron:

Thanks, Luc.

You wrote:

That's why I also advocate Joachim's suggestion.

Do you mean his suggestion to go back to plain text?

Thank you, Luc, for backing my suggestion!

Reinhard further:

If so, this would, of course, take us back years and would deprive us of
many useful text-formatting tools.

Dear Reinhard & all,

I did not propose to throw away our Office applications and to use only
plain text editors to tell the world our great thoughts and consolidated
findings!

It's only that I advocate the default use of plain text e-mails, especially
in Newsgroups and Mailing lists. (Exceptions can be allowed)

As it is, the LL-Listmails are the ugliest and worse readable of all mailing
lists and newsgroups I follow.

Can you tell me, Reinhard, which are the "many useful text-formatting tools"
which we were deprived of when our e-mails would be presented by the mailing
list as they are, be it plain text (which I would prefer) or (html-)
formatted?

After a rough overview on the last 30 LL-L mails I found only two "features"
where html formatting were needed:

1.