LL-L "Projects" 2010.02.24 (07) [EN]

Wed Feb 24 19:23:45 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 24 February 2010 - Volume 07

From: Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
Subject: LL-L "Projects" 2010.02.24 (05) [EN]

> From: Cliff Smuts <csmuts at xsinet.co.za>
> Subject: LL-L "Projects" 2010.02.24 (03) [EN]
>
> I am an Afrikaans speaker (not actually  dialect, but a full-on lanhguage
with roots in many of the Dutch dialects, and would really be interested to
translate Alice in Afrikaans.; To the best of my knowledge it has not been
done before, but could really add to the childrens (and adult) literature in
Afrikaans.

There was an Afrikaans translation "Avonture van Alida in Towerland" done by
"Tannie" in 1935, and another "Alice se Avonture in Wonderland" done in 1965
by André P. Brink, but neither seem to be available anywhere at all...

If that does not deter you, I'd be delighted to work with you on this.