LL-L "Orthography" 2010.02.24 (06) [EN]

Wed Feb 24 19:21:25 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 24 February 2010 - Volume 06

From: Elsa Primo <elsa_primo at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Projects" 2010.02.24 (05) [EN]

I'm not sure how this would fit in but there is a proponent of the pre-WWII
German cursive writing who has determined that a correct German spelling
includes "ST", "AA", & "CH" in order to serve as well what we are now
calling LOWLAND transcriptions. The Monterey Daily Herald had done a story
on him some years back. Here is a schematic of his:

                                            DWRSAT (DORSET)

 E  A        U   O      I
EE AA     W  OO   IR

AE, IE, WE,

WO, UO

Y J C H CH SH

There is no X or Q in this transcription:

 Sample:  I' oiz gwoeng to y stwr. (I was going to the store)
Je saeld wn a' hep. (He sailed on a ship)
Jir naem ez Saale. (Her name is Sally)
Oe oant un a' peknek. (We went on a picnic)

Ancweeng (Enjoying)
Liekle (Likely)
Bar Klw (Bear Claw)
Luod (Loud)
Keng Uryir (King Arthur)

Juo ur eo gateng to chirch yes mwrneng? (How are you getting to church this
morning)
Note: Y services for both "TH" sounds.

  Mashir (Measure)

 And soforth and so on.