LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.15 (03) [EN]

Thu Jul 15 23:36:08 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 15 July 2010 - Volume 04*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at fleimin.demon.co.uk>

Subject: LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.15 (01) [EN]

> From: Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
> Subject: LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.14 (04) [NL]
>
> On 15 Jul 2010, at 00:01, Lowlands-L List wrote:
>
> > > So "Argent a horse forcene gules" may have merit?
> >
> > With such a simple derivation I suppose it can be no better than the
> original  :)
>
> I have yet to hear that anyone likes my idea, and I cannot parse your
> comment into either praise or damnation, smiley notwithstanding.

Well, argent and gules, I mean to say! :)

I must say that a search on "triskellion" leads to some interesting
graphics (some of Lowlandic origin), especially on Wikipedia.

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org/

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Vexillology

To demonstrate what I meant by "making things simple yet somewhat
different," here are two made-up examples of mine:

http://lowlands-l.net/treasures/ll-flag01.jpg
http://lowlands-l.net/treasures/ll-flag02.jpg

I had “Lowlands” in mind there.

Seattle, USA
whose computer seems to have a heatstroke ...

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>