LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.30 (03) [EN]

Sat Jul 31 05:50:40 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 30 July 2010 - Volume 03
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Henry Pijffers <henry.pijffers at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.30 (01) [EN]

Paul skreev:

The problem with coastlines (or any other map) on a flag is that they are
back-to-front on the other side of the flag, unless you make the flag so
thick that you can reverse the design for the other side.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that yet. However,
thinking about it now that you mentioned it, wouldn't that also be a problem
for existing tri-colour flags where the bands are vertical? Or just about
any flag that isn't symmetrical.

cheers,
Henry