LL-L "Administrativia" 2010.06.10 (03) [DE-EN]

Thu Jun 10 22:19:51 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 10 June 2010 - Volume 03*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Marcus Buck <list at marcusbuck.org>

Subject. LL-L "Administrativia" 2010.06.10 (01) [EN]

From: Ben J. Bloomgren <ben.j.bloomgren at gmail.com>

Subject: lll] What about Twitter>

Reinhard,

Haben wir ein Twitterkonto? Wenn nicht, kan ich das machen. Ich benutze ein
Twitterklient annehmt "Qwitter". Qwitter ist (accessible?), und ich kan
einfach zwei Twitterkontos tun.

Please tell me how horrendous my German is, and let me know what yall thank!

In Christ's beautiful valley of the Sun,

Ben

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Administrativia

Thanks, Ben. It’s nice to hear from you again. And, yes, I did understand
your German.

I don’t know what others will think about your Twitter idea. I personally
have an account but am not using it. Somehow I don’t get the point, what
with all those tiny snippets flying around.

Let's talk about it again if people like the idea.

On the question "do we need it?": I'm indifferent. I don't need it.
On the question "what's the point of Twitter?": One possible way to use
Twitter is to announce new threads. Look at e.g.
<https://twitter.com/BILDblog> <https://twitter.com/BILDblog>. BILDblog is a
media watchblog and every new blog entry is announced on Twitter.
Transferred to Lowlands-l you could announce new threads via Twitter. If
e.g. I ask for the etymology of the Low Saxon word X, you could write a
Twitter entry "Etymology of Low Saxon 'X'?" + a link to the thread. That
would be useful for people who are interested in some of the topics
discussed on the mailing list but who don't want to read all our long
messages. It's kind of providing 140-character abstracts of our threads.

Marcus Buck

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Thanks, Marcus.

Sounds like a bunch of extra work to me.

Does anyone want to volunteer? You’d have to be able to read all or most
postings.

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>