LL-L "Language politics" 2010.03.01 (02) [EN]

Mon Mar 1 14:28:39 UTC 2010

Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2010.02.27 (02) [NDS-NL]

Beste Joachim,

you've sent us a link from "de vakgroep Nederlands, FU Berlin"  dealing with
the fact that NL now is part of the Dutch constitution.

Maybe this has been urgent, as you may find out if you read this link below
which my friend Piet Bult (NL) sent me those days:
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/6079749/__Talen_sterven_uit__.html

 In special a lot of the *comments of the readers* seem to show that the
Dutch people don't love their language. But maybe the Flemish people, who
even fight for their right to speak Netherlands, could be the "Quell der
Erneuerung" ("the fountainhead of renewal").

Just au contraire things are going here:
http://deutschesprachwelt.de/forum/1000.shtml (also from Piet). But I doubt
if this shows the opinion of the majority of the Germans.

Allerbest!

Jonny Meibohm
Lower Saxony, Germany

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com