LL-L "Technicas" 2010.03.18 (06) [EN]

Thu Mar 18 18:36:43 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 18 March 2010 - Volume 06*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativia" 2010.02.24 (04) [EN]

I am having problems getting mail from this list in a manageable format.
Everything comes in to me in 9-point Helvetica, and all in some sort of
digest which does not indicate who is quoting whom. Are there settings that
can fix this?

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Hi, Michael!

I have been using the "Normal" font size setting, which, when copied and
pasted to other programs, comes out as 10pt Arial at this end.

As an experiment, I am sending this issue in "Large" font setting, which,
when copied and pasted to other programs, comes out as 13.5pt Arial at this
end. Is this preferable to people?

As for the lack of quote indication, I assume you are referring specifically
to John's response which did indeed arrive here without such indications. (I
assume he copied and pasted it.) In other cases, the distinction should be
shown.

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com