LL-L "History" 2010.05.06 (02) [EN]

Thu May 6 22:51:08 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 May 2010 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Tomás Ó Cárthaigh <tomasocarthaigh at yahoo.com>

Subject: Hatred in the Heart of Olde England

Play the Video >>>  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5NPWGEiC4>

*Hatred in the Heart of Old England*

The article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...

Background

We are all familiar with the "issue" of Irish Travellers camping by the
roadside.

Property values to crime rates to road safety has been cited as reasons to
keep them moving.

Of late they have tried to meet society half way, buy building their own -
not at the expense of the council - caravan sites, only
for their efforts to be thwarted by residents.

No English landlord asked planning permission from Irish tenants which their
army stole the land from before they built their grand townhouses, in which
the Irish plebs live in apartments today.

No gypsy encampment forced the natives into an inhospitable province that
could not support its existing population.

But thats what the English done in Ireland.

And Cromwells actions is the origion of the majority of the Irish Traveller
population.

The narrow minded villagers may win in this world, but when they die they
will be told that while alive, they met Jesus.

He was an Irish Traveller, who bought his own land to build a campsite, and
the villagers turned him away.

They will ask: "When was this, Lord"

He will say, in Meriden, May 2010, I was one of those gypsies, I
was all of those gypsies.

And they will say: "But they were only gypsies. We did n't do that to you!"

And he will answer: "Whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you
do onto me".

*They bought the land, we understand**
With hard cash fair and square
But as they are not English folk
They cannot build their own park there
On land that they themselves own
As a blockade blocks the load
Of supplies for drainage and ancillary works
So they don't camp on the road
For their town is picturesque
In the heart of Old England
The truth's if your not white, English, Protestant
Your skin they cannot stand.*

*They will go to church on Sunday**
Pompous righteous and proud
And boast how successful they are
How they gypsies were not allowed
To build a PROPER park, on land THEY own
By proper English folk
And as I read the comments of one
I thought how it was for racism a cloak
I live in an English house
That for some hundreds of years did stand
Built by Irish hands for English folk
Upon stolen land.*

*And the people dispossessed by Cromwell**
And to Connaught could not go
And have walked the roads years since
The same hatred's they know.
England is equal they say for all
As long as your white
British and Protestant
Then you enjoy every right.
But should you not be so, alas
No rights is there for you
To be as bold to BUY your land!
What a thing for a gypsy to do!*

*You cannot camp upon the road**
The locals don't like the stranger
Your children are running wild
And are a source of danger.
You are the least of Gods children
And for you they do not care
They wish you did not exist
Were not among them, were elsewhere
They glory of the beauty of England
But hate is in their heart
Pretty houses hide hateful minds
Keep THEM from ME apart! *

*"a person with a good book is never alone... a writer until they've written
one is never at peace"** ***

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com