LL-L "Orthography" 2009.10.03 (02) [EN]

Mon Oct 4 02:50:30 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 02 October 2010 - Volume 021
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Elsa Primo <elsa_primo at yahoo.com>
Subject: Algorithm for amount of letters in alphabet

 ( kay_cole at operamail.com )

   FORMULA: Why there is about 24 letters per alphabet on average in BRITISH
ISLES

  Mnemonic: "NIGER"

  If we look at VIKING RUNES....'NORWEGIAN" we see "16" letters...FUTHORK

  IRISH OGHAM......................20 TREE-NAMED LETTERS

  GERMANIC RUNES (OLD FUTHARK) is 24

  ENGLISH RUNES...(FUTHORC) 28

 & "REYKJAVIK"..modern Islandic orthography uses 32 LETTERS

16+20+24+28+32=120 DIVIDED by FIVE gives us TWENTY-FOUR just as w/ GREEK!

 Now...why these numbers? ALL DIVISIBLE by FOUR. Northern Europe had
FOUR-SEASON calendrical OBSERVATIONS. And also THERE are APPROXIMATELY 24 or

approx. ONE FOURTH of ONE HUNDRED ....PRIME NUMBERS. That being said we

know very well how we have had 22 letters and 26 letters and everything
in-between.

Today we use our alphabet to AUGMENT our NUMBERS for use in IDENTIFICATION
CODES.When the ancients delved into the PHYSICAL SCIENCES they discovered
that

MATH & LANGUAGE theory were very much ALLIED and this shows how we seem to
always come back to somekind of arrangement wherein there are 24 letters for
clarity. Spanish uses those many...French...and of course DUTCH and DANISH.
In fact

there are EXACTLY 24 sounds to GERMAN! So...we could use the RUNES!
"ING=OE?"

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>