LL-L "Delectables" 2010.10.22 (02) [EN]

Fri Oct 22 19:33:44 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 October 2010 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Tom Mc Rae <thomas.mcrae at bigpond.com>
Subject: DELECTABLES Tenderest Turkey Ever

Benjamin Franklin prepared a turkey as follows.

Take six Leyden jars and connect as a battery.

Connect a steel chain to this then wrap the other end around the bird's
thighs.

On lifting the turkey so its head touches the prime conductor it dies
instantly.

Those tempted to try this should be warned that when experimenting with the
method Franklin received such a major shock that
'It seem'd an universal Blow from head to foot throughout the Body.....My
arms and Back of my neck felt somewhat numb
the remainder of the Evening and my Breastbone was sore for a Week after if
it had been bruiz'd" (SIC)

But he conceded..."Birds killed in this Manner eat uncommonly tender."

ANY TAKERS FOR NEXT THANKSGIVING ?

Best Regards
Tom Mc Rae
Brisbane Australia
An honest man's the noblest work of God (Robert Burns)

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>