LL-L "Tradition" 2010.09.06 (01) [EN]

Mon Sep 6 18:14:11 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 06 September 2010 - Volume 01
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>

Subject: LL-L "Tradition" 2010.09.05 (04) [EN]

I'm not a Christian or any other "Person of the Book" myself.  But doesn't
Genesis have God labouring for six days making everything, then taking a day
off to rest? To precis a bit, "On the First Day he made this, on The Second
he made that, on the Third, he made the other", and so on.

It's my understanding that according to the Bible we get Sunday off, because
God did; So surely our "day of rest" is logically the last day of the week,
not the first? (The first being used for creating universes, or serving at
supermarket counters, depending on your abilities and responsibility level).
Oh, and getting resurrected; that supposedly happened on Monday (three days
after dying) not a Sunday.

Paul

Derby

England