LL-L "Language learning" 2010.09.15 (01) [EN]

Wed Sep 15 20:27:09 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 15 September 2010 - Volume 02
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: James Ward <jamesward at earthlink.net>

Subject: LL-L "Language learning" 2010.09.14 (01) [EN]

Paul Finlow-Bates wrote:

I'm only half joking.  I've always felt that Dutch would be easier for early
learners to grasp than French or German, and although it has far fewer
speakers, I think it would be a "foot in the door" to language learning.  It
would go some way toward breaking down this concrete barrier we seem to have
in the UK when considering other languages.

Apologies to all for going off on a non-Lowlands tangent, but I must just
quietly whisper "Esperanto."  Wistful, wishful thinking, I know, but a very
good candidate for a "foot in the door" language.

James Ward

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>