LL-L "Literature" 2011.08.04 (02) [DE-EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 16:47:37 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 04 August 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Mark and Ruth Dreyer mrdreyer at lantic.net
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2011.08.03 (04) [EN]

Dear Ron & Marcus

Subject: LL-L "Literature"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuvash_people

    I would prefer to believe that the 'saga' is from the earliest as much a
part of Chuvash tradition - I would rather say history - as that of the
Anglo-Saxon, or in any event their immediate precursors. Attila was by no
means a background figure to North-Central Europe & all its peoples. To be
sure Attila had Turkaic as he had Germanic hostages in his court.
    & those who study works of oral tradition are I am told repeatedly
impressed with their - um - 'textual' fidelity over generations & ages.

Yrs,
Mark