LL-L "Language politics" 2011.06.04 (02) [EN]

Sat Jun 4 14:33:43 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 04 June 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: James Ward jamesward at earthlink.net
 Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2011.06.03 (01) [EN-NDs]

Paul Finlow-Bates wrote:

> There's a northern, pan-Germanic equivalent called Middelsprake. Ingmar
Roerdinkholder, formerly (and maybe still) of this list, sent me an outline
course in it afew years ago.  He used to post in it from time to time as
well.  Fairly easy to follow if you know some English, German, Dutch and
maybe a bit of a Scandinavian language.

I had a look at this -- it seems fun!  And it doesn't have to carry the
weight of hopes for world peace :)  (Maybe if we could make hoping for world
peace fun, we'd really be getting somewhere!)

With best wishes as I sign off for a two-week vacation --

James Ward

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com