LL-L "Members" 2011.03.23 (01) [EN]

Wed Mar 23 16:53:51 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 23 March - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
============================== =======================

From: Helge Tietz <helgetietz at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Members" 2011.03.22 (02) [EN]

Leeve Luc,

hm, perhaps you should start demonstrating.....

But that is something I say jokingly until Gaddafi ends up in my home
village in Sleswick-Holsten...

Groeten, Helge

----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>

Luc,

From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>

> Rumor has it that the former Tunesian president intends to relocate to my
> backyard so to speak. To Relegem (Asse) more precisely (where I was born).
> Some of his family members already live around here and Ben Ali would look
> for asylum:

take heart! an d action!

Your post reminds me of the old days (1983/4 it must've been)... we were
living in the Makiki neighbourhood (halfway between Honolulu proper and
Manoa where Univ of Hawai'i is located) and the Marcos's moved in just mauka
up the valley.... but that lasted just a few months as many of the residents
started picketing (some against having bandits in the neighbourhood, others
just against the heavy increase in traffic, what with all the Marcos
sychophants making their pilgrimages to see Emelda's shoes or whatever)...
end result is that they moved... still on the island, but at least to
somebody else's neighbourhood ;-)

mwm || U C > || mike || мика  || माईक || マイク || மாய்க் (aka Dr Michael W
Morgan)

Senior Consultant
BA Programme in Applied Sign Linguistics
IGNOU-UCLan New Delhi, India

"I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one
door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific
will
come no matter how dark the present." (R. Tagore)

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com