LL-L "Member's news" 2011.09.09 (02) [AF-EN-NDR]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 9 17:34:19 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 09 September 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Mike Morgan mwmbombay at gmail.com
 Subject: LL-L "Member's news" 2011.09.07 (01) [AF-EN]

Mark!

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Lowlands-L <lowlands.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> We just finished the hottest summer on record with 80 days of 38C or
> higher, some 25 or so of those at 41C or higher. When we got a “cold front”
> that brought temps down to about 33C, we thought it was great.

Sounds exactly like Delhi (and almost all of inland north India)... and, as
the heat is always in the driest part of the year (i.e. pre-monsoon), i am
surprised we don't have more brush fires here... mayeb the lack of brush
explains it ;-)

>  Now that the temps have gone down, we’re lookin’ for rain.

Wish I could send you some of our rain... we have had torrential rains
yesterday and today (the first REAL monsoon rains of the year) ... and had
to wade to work through knee-deep water (and this being Delhi, it was water
with all kinds of nasty stuff from the open sewers mixed in as well)...

My son lives north of Los Angeles (and has sicne high school), so I have for
years worried about brush fires... esp as they spread so fast and can do so
much damage...

Anyway, hope "yours" gets under control... esp as my brother lives in
College Station, TX (not too far away from Austin for those who don't know
Texas geography)...

mwm || *U* C > || mike || мика  || माईक || マイク || மாய்க் (aka Dr Michael W
Morgan)
Senior Consultant
BA in Applied Sign Language Studies (BAASLS)
इन्दिरा गांधी राष्ट्रीय मुक्त विश्वविद्यालय | Indira Gandhi National Open
University, New Delhi, India
*"If one has no affection for a person or a system, one should feel free to
give the fullest expression to his disaffection so long as he does not
contemplate, promote, or incite violence." (MKG)
"You assist an unjust administration most effectively by obeying its orders
and decrees. An evil administration never deserves such allegiance.
Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil.* *A good person will resist an
evil system with his whole soul. Disobedience of the laws of an evil state
is therefore a duty." (MKG)*

 From: Hannelore Hinz <hannehinz at t-online.de> <hannehinz at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Member's news" 2011.09.02 (01) [NDS]
  Leiw' Mark un leiw' Ruth Dreyer.

Välen Dank för dat Gräuten. Ick heff mi dull freut, tau Huus is dat ümmer
an'n schönsten.
An'n Mandag möt ick oewer noch ein Zitterpartie bi Helios dörchstahn, wiel
noch nich all'ns so is, as dat sien möt.

Von Harten Dank un Gräuten.

Hannelore