LL-L "Holidays" 2012.12.27 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 27 19:10:46 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 27 December 2012 - Volume 01

Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Mike Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Holidays" 2012.12.26 (02) [EN]

> And from Mark Morgan:

Mike, actually ;-)

>  शुभ क्रिसमस!  Hindi
also a number of other central (and West) north Indic languages which
used to be classed as "dialects" of Hindi, such as the Rajasthani
group

>  کریسمس مبارک Persian (Farsi)
or Urdu (which is actually a little closer to my neighbiourhood)

 mwm || *U*C> || mike || माईक || мика || マイク (aka Dr Michael W Morgan)
sign language linguist / linguistic typologist
academic adviser, Nepal Sign Language Training and Research
NDFN, Kathmandu, Nepal

----------
From: Mike Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>

>>  کریسمس مبارک Persian (Farsi)
> or Urdu (which is actually a little closer to my neighbiourhood)
also, how/what Pakistani Panjabis would probably write as well.From: Mike
Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>

From: Mike Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>

Oh, and lest we forget:

तमु ल्होसार (२५९७) आशिमलाँ।
Happy Gurung New Year 2597!

 Tamu Lhosar isn't till Sunday (30 Dec), but these days, one is NEVER
sure when there might be electricty* and a chance to send greetings
;-)

* today's electricty schedule in my neighbourhood here in the
country's capital is: electricty went off at 9AM, and will come on
again from 4-7PM, then off till midnight.

(one of the reasons I go to work is that the ofice is in a different
district for loadshedding, and so when electricty is off at home there
is a CHANCE it might be on at work... and also, at work, we have soem
backup power ;-)

Happy end of the year to all Lowlanders... even those of us who live
near the Top of the World!

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com