LL-L "Traditions" 2012.03.16 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 17 05:56:40 UTC 2012

Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Tomás Ó Cárthaigh tomasocarthaigh at yahoo.com
 Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2012.03.16 (01) [EN]

A happy St Patricks Day to all. On a side note, St Patrick is no minor
Irish Saint, he is one of the three patron saints of our island, the other
two being Bridget and Colmcille.

Some claim his store to be a mergance of three separate preachers.

The most notable thing about the conversion of Ireland was its
peacefullness, no crusades or Jihads, which is why the Irish clung to the
old faith for so long, and resisted the reformation.

Unlike mainstream Roman Catholicism, Irish was more akin to the Coptic
church, a tradition driven out by the only English pope ever, Pope Adrian.

My little poem here tells a little of the St Patricks
Tale!!!<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf39SrCxa4c>

Lá Féile Phadraig Shona Duit!!!!

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

*"a person with a good book is never alone... a writer until they've
written one is never at peace" *

- www.writingsinrhyme.com  *:::* Add me on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1068146849>
* :::* My YouTube Videos <http://www.youtube.com/>