LL-L "Pronouns" 2012.11.19 (01) [DE-EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 19 18:49:50 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 19 November 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: David B Alexander <dbalexander2 at gmail.com> <ullans at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Pronouns" 2012.11.18 (02) [EN]

My thanks to all the responders. I had always seen the different pronouns
as markers for the Appalachian and Southern Dialects. Sounds like it's a
little more complicated than that. Too bad, I like the various 'uns and 'ns
even if they have been pushed out by all that flat land talk. :)

As I get into actually reading the book, I may have more questions.

Thanks,

David Alexander

----------

From: Hannelore Hinz <hannehinz at t-online.de> <hannehinz at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Pronouns" 2012.11.18 (01) [EN]

Hallo all' Fründ'n.

So heff ok ick mi 'n Kopp makt tau dit Thema. Künn je sien, ji koent wat
mit anfangen. Ick versäuk dat mal up ein gaud Glück.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/you-all

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/you-uns

Ihre: your, their, her, yours, theirs, hers
Ihr: your, her, their, you, to her, *you-all*
deine: your, yours
dein: your, thy
die: which, that, who, her, she
das: that, this, it, who
eure: your, yours
euer: your

y'all [coll., esp. Southern Am] *ihr*
all y'all [Am] [coll.] *ihr alle*
I know all y'all [Am] [sl.] *Ich kenne euch alle.

*Best Gräuten.

Hanne

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com