LL-L "Literature" 2012.10.06 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 6 14:27:34 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 06 October 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Mike Morgan mwmbombay at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2012.10.05 (01) [EN]

In connection with the discussion about haiku, I found this while
poking around in the Scots corpus:

http://www.scottishcorpus.ac.uk/corpus/search/document.php?documentid=922&highlight=ither

50 Haikus by Japanese Masters
by David Purves

a sample:

A guidlyke warld
the kristal dew-draps faws
in yins an twas.

translation of a haiku by Issa  (1763-1827)

mwm || *U*C> || mike || माईक || мика || マイク (aka Dr Michael W Morgan)
sign language linguist / linguistic typologist
academic adviser, Nepal Sign Language Training and Research
NDFN, Kathmandu, Nepal