LL-L "Language acquisition" 2012.10.28 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 28 13:09:57 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 28 October 2012 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Stan Levinson stlev99 at yahoo.com
Subject: LL-L "Language acquisition" 2012.10.27 (01) [EN]

Pretty good piece, Ron.  No revelations... but so much more refreshing than
the latest miracle way to learn a language overnight!!!

----------

From: Sandy Fleming sandy at scotstext.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

> Subject: Language acquisition
>
> Usually I do not agree with the basic theses of people that lecture on
> non-native language acquisition. So I found it somewhat refreshing to
> discover the following presentation (in English) by Konstantin Andreev (Константин
> Андреев) at Dalarna University (Högskolan Dalarna), Sweden.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GCLYYNmu5g
>
> I agree with the general thesis that, especially in adults studying by
> themselves, successful non-native language acquisition depends on a
> confident attitude and realistic expectations.

I'm sure this would be very interesting if the English subtitles were in a
recognisable form of English.

Those interested in machine interpretation might want to try them out  :\

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org/

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com