LL-L "Language acquisition" 2012.10.28 (02) [DE-EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 28 23:04:41 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 28 October 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Pat Barrett pbarrett at cox.net <stlev99 at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language acquisition" 2012.10.28 (01) [EN]

Just a shot in the dark here. In the U.S., foreign language and ESL
teachers going over to Comprehensible Input models (primarily TPRS) of
teachng have grown to a flood. I will watch this video, esp since I speak
Russian, but I realize many members of this list live in Europe and may be
unaware of developments in the U.S. or skeptical about them. In my last
year of teaching now, I see every one of my colleagues (FR, SP, LT)
teaching pure grammar and producing mutes. What the admins are getting to
replace them (at least 2 besides me) will be younger people who at least
know about CI methods. The only fly in the ointment is that general tests
of fl and expectations of college profs have not kept up; they are still
looking for students who laboriously translate into English before they can
“read” and also expect only people of the highest IQ to be able to learn a
fl. But the professoriate is changing, too.
Pat Barrett
Chandler, AZ
USA

----------

From: Hannelore Hinz <hannehinz at t-online.de> <hannehinz at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language acquisition"

Beste Fründ'n.

Besäukt mal eins:

http://www.birkenbihl-sprachen.com/

Hier kann man ok up niedmodsche Oort Spraken liern.

Mi hett dat tauseggt.

Best Gräuten.

Hanne

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com