LL-L "Members" 2012.10.29 (03) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 30 01:13:22 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 29 October 2012 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members

Dear Lowlanders,

Here is wishing all our Lowlands-L members well, especially those on the
North American east coast and in adjacent areas. As we "speak," tropical
storm Sandy (no relation to our own Sandy Fleming, though he, too, is a
force to be reckoned with) is hitting most of the east coast. They say it
is of such massive, unprecedented proportions that it influences the
weather throughout most of the USA and parts of Canada. A friend's son sent
me a picture taken from a window in his Manhattan apartment, with high surf
hitting the road.

Even here in the Pacific Northwest we are having eery weather: high winds,
unseasonably warm and muggy air, and, now in the evening hours, something I
would characterize as a yellowish haze.

Hunker down and be safe, guys!

Also, I hope that those of you living in the greater San Francisco Bay Area
did not sustain any damage as a result of yesterday's 4.4 earthquake.

Regards and best wishes,
Reinhard/Ron
Seattle, USA

P.S.: On a more positive note, let me say that I hope all our Muslim
members had a wonderful ‘Īd
al-’Aḍḥá<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha>(عيد
الأضحى, Feast of the Sacrifice, a.k.a. Kurban Bayramı, Qurban bayramı, Gurban
Baýramy, Корбан бәйрәме, Ҡорбан байрамы, Kurban bajram, Курбан бајрам,
Курбан-байрам, عید قربان, Cejna Qurbanê, جەژنی قوربان, Hari Raya
Aidiladha, ঈদুল
আজহা, Корбан бәйрәме, Иди Қурбон, بقرعید, قۇربان ھېيت, Құрбан айт, 古爾邦節 [
古尔邦节]).*
*

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com