[Lowlands-l] great movie from Holland on YouTube!

Lowlands Languages & Cultures lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 26 20:39:43 UTC 2015

Hola todos,
   I'm learning Spanish and found this movie from Holland that's dubbed in
Spanish.  It's wonderful. Thought you all would like to watch it.  It
features a girl who discovers her father is a famous chess player in South
Africa, even though her mother tries to keep her from discovering this.
There are some comments in the Spanish version about the distinct between
two types of Spanish... I think the original is speaking of Afrikaans,
right?

   Anyway, the theme is inspiring on several levels. It's a child's movie
with lessons for adults. It works to learn Spanish (and maybe good for
learning Dutch too)?  On the surface one is given lessons in how to play
chess, but it also suggests that chess provides a way to avoid violent
confrontations. In this way, the queen (in the imagination of this girl)
helps her to reunite her estranged parents... very heartwarming.  You can
find it on YouTube.  Maybe there is an English version somewhere too.

  *Lang Lebe Die Königin Serie Teil 1*,  in Spanish: *Viva la Reina *(1-9).

Live links to the movie:
Videos of *lang lebe die königin*
<http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lang+lebe+die+k%c3%b6nigin&qpvt=Lang+Lebe+Die+K%c3%b6nigin&FORM=VDRE>:
 *Lang Lebe Die Königin Serie Teil 1 -by Stefan Wittke 9,576 views--* 24:41

in Spanish:
*Viva la Reina 1-9* - *YouTube* <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5230sCgGzA>

Beste,
Gael