[Lowlands-l] Is the list alive? Here is a linguist question!

Lowlands Languages & Cultures lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 17 12:46:39 UTC 2017

On 7/17/2017 7:19 AM, Lowlands Languages & Cultures wrote:

> Thanks for the enlightenment, dear Edwin Alexander! I hope I haven't
> started anything of the Living Dead kind! There would be lots to eat
> for them among the list members, I guess. They would end up quite
> obese. Is the zombie theory what you got the Golden Squirrel Award
> for?? Looks lovely on the website.

As I recall, Ron took exception to some theory of mine related to
a-corns = eich-horns and eichhornkaetzchen and Saxons sitting under the
eichhornbaeume provided the mistletoe (mistle+toe, branch with small
poop) had not gone to seed and was being fed on by hungry pooping
birds.  But that is all in the mists of time if you will pardon the pun.

Baamaapi, Ed Alexander

---