Teoti:-hua-0-ca:tl

Russell Coleman rcoleman at library.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 28 11:51:04 UTC 1999

I have recently learnt that teoti:hua can take tense suffixes. So, can I
assume that the preterite theme would be teoti:-hua-0-c?

And then, can I assume that adding the noun stem ca:(tl) would create a
preterite agentive noun which would look like: teoti:-hua-0-ca:tl?

Are my assumptions correct?

I am not sure what influence the impersonal verb suffix -hua has upon these
assumptions, so I would appreciate any feedback and advice from members of
the list.

I have based these assumptions on my understaning of michnamacaca:n. That
is: mich-namaca-0-ca:-n. This is made up of the preterite theme michnamaca-c
plus ca:tl (which creates the preterite agentive noun) plus -n.  From
observation, I am also making the assumption that when ca:tl attaches to the
preterite theme the single number suffix -c is dropped or just not included
in this formula.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Russell Coleman