Pidiginization in nawatl ?

Marc Eisinger lemarc at attglobal.net
Sat Feb 17 21:38:41 UTC 2001

David,
I have not enough competence to answer straigthforward your question but
:
(1) How do you know that "a considerable number of yuto-aztecan radicals

becomed lost" ?
(2) These kind of examples are numerous in agglutinative languages like
Nahuatl
but there are plenty in other languages too !
Did you notice that desayunar (like breakfast and déjeuner) are
compounds ?
Most, if not all, of the native speakers of Spanish  I know (resp.
English and
French) where not aware of it.
(3) I'm not sure that the notion of "number of radicals" has any more
sense than
the "number of words".
Marc Eisinger

--
Entre le fort et le faible, entre le riche et le
pauvre,  entre le maître et le serviteur,  c'est