Christian texts

John F. Schwaller schwallr at mrs.umn.edu
Thu Sep 5 16:45:19 UTC 2002

Dear friends,

I am out of the office, but have caught the most recent series of missives
on Christian texts.  Before we get too far afield,  remember that several
score books were printed in Nahuatl prior to 1820 and a huge percentage of
those were ´Christian´´ texts.  The first book published in the New World
was a catechism in Nahuatl.  Several members of the list, in fact, have
done extensive work on this literature.

Especially see Barry Sell´s dissertation from UCLA on works printed in
Nahuatl in the 16th century.

J. F. Schwaller
List owner

John F. Schwaller
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 E. 4th Street
Morrris, MN  56267
320-589-6015