Archaeology Institute/ Twenty Seconds to Immortality

zorrah at ATT.NET zorrah at ATT.NET
Wed Apr 21 04:39:22 UTC 2004

>Significantly, your questions and challenges (not to mention, elements
>of your website) fit the frameworks of analysis that I have observed to date
>among those I now refer to as "neo-Mexica
>revisionists."

Dr. Ruben G. Mendoza:

Please save your discriminatory labels for all your experimental cows out there that are willing to be branded with them:  "neo-Mexica revisionist," "neo-Mexica revisionist" (or neo-post-modernist Mexica-Xicano), "neo-Mexica revisionists" - I'm not.

NO thanks—for your reductive interpretations, generalizations, and unfounded relationships.  The world, its cultures, and its peoples cannot be - all that simplified and reduced into neat little categories and labels as you present them to be.

I had higher expectations for your response, especially from a professional.
What a disappointment.

citlalin xochime
Graduate Student
New Mexico State University