Cuacha

micc2 micc2 at COX.NET
Thu May 27 23:12:31 UTC 2004

..."

As you seem to be implying, a host of European-sounding words don't match
up, where else should one go to find an alternative?..."

I would imaging that any self respecting Criollo or peninsular would not use "slang" even if it were derived from latin.
So where does that lead us?

Maybe any number of indigenous languages?  African languages brought by slaves?

the possibilities are endless and exciting.

Several years ago we had an interesting and informative discussion on the use of "ecole ecua" in Central Mexico....

turns out it is Italian!!!!

mario