Nahuatl text from Guerrero

S. Moraleda susana at LOSRANCHEROS.ORG
Tue Oct 26 22:42:55 UTC 2004

  I would apreciate it if someone could help me with the translation of the following (apparently XVII century, I am told) Nahuatl text from Guerrero. I've given it a try, but would like a detailed analysis of etymology et al.
  The transliteration is exactly as it was given to me.

  Tleno o tik temimikiko pan in tlaltikpaktli?
  San o ti mo ijiyotiko?
  San oti nemiko?
  Tlenika o ti nemiko?
  Keno o ti moyolitij?

  I've come up with:

  Que veniste a soñar en la tierra?
  Solo veniste a (resollar?) tomar aliento?
  Solo veniste a vivir?
  Para qué veniste a vivir?
  Como fuiste a vivir?

  Is the second and the fourth line a reverential construction? or a reflexive one?
  What are all those "ko" at the end? locative?

  Thank you.
  Susana