Mexica Movement [karttunen]

David Becraft david_becraft at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 17 22:38:45 UTC 2006

Thank you for your comments.  I agree that this paper barely scratches at
the issue of Indigenous identity, and while I emphasized and focused on the
Mexica identity, I acknowledge that other non-mexica groups do not fall
under this category.  The reason for this is obvious, by categorizing
Indigenous people as Latin and Hispanic, a denial of their indigenous
heritage is set forth.  In the same sense, categorizing non-mexica
Aboriginies into a Mexica category would be to follow the same methods as
the colonialist government of the U.S.A.
Indeed, the Otomangue, Maya and other ethnic groups that fall under the
Latino and Hispanic label would also NOT fall under the Mexica label.  The
emphasis on this paper is that Indigenous people colonized by the Spaniards
are NOT Latino, and are NOT Hispanic, nor are they Mestizo [we are all
mestizo]; there is no such thing as a "pure blood".

Thank you for you attention,

Pancho Becraft