Tula vs. Teotihuacan

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 1 17:29:58 UTC 2006

this question made the rounds a few years ago. i don't remember what
was said. ^^

The thing is, Henry's comparison is stilted since cochi is intransitive
and "teotia" is causative.

my guess would that we have instransitive teoti = "to become a God,"
similar to tlacati = "to become a human," i.e., "to be born". I'm not
sure such a phrase can be precisely translated into English. What?
"Place where they are to be Gods".

Hmmmm...

michael