Tula vs. Teotihuacan

John Sullivan, Ph.D. idiez at mac.com
Sat Dec 2 04:55:28 UTC 2006

Joe,
 So it looks like this is the impersonal form of "teoti", "he/she/it becomes or becomes like a god". A better translation of "teotihua" would be "god-becoming happens". I don't have a grammar with me, and I'm trying to think, are there other place names built on the preterite of the impersonal form of a verb? And, can the preterite of the impersonal form of a verb be interpreted as a noun?
John