Nahuatl Pronouns

Arnd Sölling arnibionic at YAHOO.DE
Sun Jan 29 16:33:40 UTC 2006

Niltze,

  I am working on cross-dialectal linguistics of Nahuatl and have come to a question i could not resolve...maybe somebody can help me out...comparing the independent pronouns in the various dialects i noticed that some dialects show shortened forms like ye or yeh while other retain the old classical form like yehuatl...does anyone know the meaning of the stem -huatl or where it comes from?

  Thank you,
  Arnd Sölling