dictionary program

John Sullivan, Ph.D. idiez at mac.com
Fri Jun 1 19:55:24 UTC 2007

Listeros,
	I think I found what I needed. The Macintosh word processor, "Pages"
has a search function called "Show Search". It opens up a side bar
with an incremental search box at the top. As you type in letters it
displays in the sidebar only those words in the document which
include the letters you specify. Typing in "t, l, a, c, u, a, l, l,
i" for example, will slowly narrow down the displayed words until
only "tlacualli" is left in the list. But if you type in "c, u, a",
for example, it shows all words containing that sequence of letters,
irregardless of its position in the word. This is handy for locating
occurrences of morphemes.
	Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
John

John Sullivan, Ph.D.
Profesor de lengua y cultura nahua
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas
Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas, A.C.
Tacuba 152, int. 47
Centro Histórico
Zacatecas, Zac. 98000
México