[Aztlan] Yaocihuatl

John F. Schwaller schwallr at potsdam.edu
Fri Aug 7 19:23:19 UTC 2009

Let's be a bit more careful.  We have the implied comparison (corollary)
of two very different words:
chi:hua - a verb stem meaning to make something (long -i-)
cihua:tl - a noun stem meaning woman (long -a-)
-Please note the difference in vowel length

They are very different words, they just happen to have some of the same
letters.  But to use an English example, "parts" and "traps" are not at
all the same word.

yaocihuatl is very different from yaochihua

--
John F. Schwaller