Mexica, Aztec, Allmixtuptec ....

Sharon Peters theabroma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:19:31 UTC 2009

I am reposting this to both lists, as I sent it originally as a return to
one of Gordon's postings.  I wish to make it quite clear that it was not
Gordon's post, contents or attitude, that prompted me to write this.  It is
just an observation, especially on the "y tu mama, tambien" flavor of some
of the other posts.  Oh, and the stranded-in-the-60's quality of the Pobre
Listero Desconocido, who seems to be, like some of the other commentators
(whose credentials are definitely above the salt), meditating in a funhouse
of velvet paintings.
Thx & regards, Sharon
Listeros:

What charming spectacle to sit and watch esta Guerra Florida unfold.  I am
waiting with great anticipation the unveiling of the tzompantli which will,
surely, result.

First it was the Unknown Listero who lighted the powder keg with his
passionate, and passionately fractured statements about the Aztecs and
Aztlan.  Either he lived through the glory days of La Causa, or is
channeling the spirit of one who did.

It is necessary to sort out the who's who - teasing out the cultural genome
of Mesoamerica, but Lordy! use your academic credentials for something other
than a bludgeon.  You have whacked at the poor Unknown Listero with them,
even after you surely noted that he was an individual pining for the
mythical glory days of the tribe (whichever one and from whatever point), as
so thoroughly documented in its own codices - committed to black velvet.  It
seems Unknown Listero provided the excuse for everyone else to just go at
each other.  Not argumentation and debate - Talmudic pil-pul, but outright
bashing.  Only thing missing was a macana.

I, for one, would like argumentation and debate leading to thought and
information.  We have already been provided with a Forspice of "how low can
you go?"

Thanks,

S. Peters
- --
Sín Fronteras
Aquí estoy yo .... pero ya anda por México mi corazón