mohottah

Leeming, Ben b.leeming at rivers.org
Wed May 12 14:07:05 UTC 2010

Piyali listeros,

Can anyone explain to me the process by which mo+(i)ttah (they look at each other, see themselves) becomes mohottah?

On p. 90 of Andrews' Workbook (1975 ed.), Ex. 38A, no. 3 he writes: Nepanotl mohottah, and then on p. 195 gives the translation "They are staring at one another mutually; i.e., They are staring at one another."  On p. 445 of the text, in the Vocabulary under (iTTA) he has "MO-(iTTA) = to look at oneself, to see oneself."  This is close to but not identical with mohottah.

I have this sinking feeling that it's something really obvious, but for whatever reason I can't account for that first h!!

Thank you!

Ben

Ben Leeming
Chair, History Department