Piltlahcuiloltzin ixitlauhca

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Tue Sep 28 23:05:46 UTC 2010

Michael,
	There are no reliable stats on Mexican literacy, and much less on functional illiteracy. I remember when I was studying at the Normal School in Zacatecas over thirty years ago and the director announced that illiteracy had been eliminated in the country.
	There are many more native speakers of Nahuatl that are literate in Spanish than are literate in Nahuatl. That's about as good an answer as I can give you.
John