ihcequi doing it=?windows-1252?Q?=92s_?=applicative thing

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Tue Nov 1 16:58:53 UTC 2011

Mitsuya,

     On the issue of Nahuatl verbs that are both transitive and intransitive, we have others in the same category -- e.g., e:hua, chipa:hua, mela:hua:

    e:hua      she arises
   e:huac     she arose
   que:uh    she raised it

   chipa:hua   it becomes pure
  chipa:huac  it became pure
 quichi:pauh  he purified it

Joe
  (the other half of the soon-to-be-dissolved Nahuatl morphology academy here at Notre Dame)