Stripe Eye and Smoke Eye

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:32:26 UTC 2011

Baert:

huahuanqui  is 'striped'. A noun stem on the front of that term usually
refers to the how the thing is striped, ezhuahuanqui, cozhuahuanqui,
etc. *Ixhuahuanqui sounds plausible but it would appear that that would
mean something that was striped with eyes or faces. Interesting art.

poctli is smoke; poctic 'smokey', something that has become like smoke.

In ixtli in poctli?  In ixtli poctic?

Interesting questions.

Michael

Quoting lahunik.62 at skynet.be: