Carochi

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 20 11:00:08 UTC 2012

Quoting "John F. Schwaller" <schwallr at potsdam.edu>:

> Dear all,
>
> Fran Karttunen based her Dictionary on sources written using the Carochi
> system, and others where vowel length and the glottal stop were marked.

Yes, indeed!

> The three plays held in the Bancroft Library and published by Burkhart and
> Sell also use the system but on a slightly more haphazard basis.

I see.

But is the *use* of Carochi's glottal stop indications widespread? Or
is it limited to Carochi himself and the Bancroft material?

Ca c'est la question.

Thanks, Fritz!

Michael

One additional question for all that someone asked me:

"Carochi's text, do you have a source where I can buy it
and also the Porrua 3 volumes of Torquemada's Monarquia India?
Amazon is not helpful and keeps sending me to re-print houses by
Porrua's edition in both cases is what I prefer."

Tlaxtlahui.

Michael